Monday, January 3, 2011

So why on earth did I start something that may get out of hand?

Well, because that's the kind of thing I do every day. Jeez, lighten up people. Look, I started this because last night my husband said, in all seriousness:

Kate, do not make a projectile of yourself.

Earlier in the day I had said, again, without irony:

Kate, nice people don't weaponize celery. And we are nice people.

Now, it's not just Kate who gets into trouble, of course, all three of them get into trouble, it's just that Kate was having a bad day. At 3 and a half, most days aren't all that peaceful, let's face it. But often I've marveled at the random things that come out of my mouth since having kids, and I know I'm not alone. One time another of my children, who was 2ish, said, to the dog:

Milo... put down the llama.

Do you see what I mean? These are phrases that spring out, newborn, blinking, into the universe and which may never be said again. Or maybe not, maybe they're being said right now all over parent-ville. So, the next time you find yourself saying something utterly ridiculous, send it to me and I'll post it for posterity. I'm going to try and give background for each one, but as I have great difficulty in remembering which of my kids is which, I can't promise anything.

I look forward to reading your submissions.

1 comment:

  1. i used to tell kyle and olivia when they made horrible faces at each other that," your face can freeze like that, which is of course complete and utter bullshit, and a stupid thing to say, but it came back to haunt me, cause i took my daughter who was then about seven,out for pastries, and there was a woman working at the bakery who had obviously had a stroke or something, and olivia piped up loud as you please, and said," oh, it's true your face really can freeze like that! oops.

    ReplyDelete